Sunday, April 21, 2013

Animal Style

Flamingo tee (old ASOS); oversized tiger cardigan (old Urban Outfitters)
A myth I constantly hear about animal print is that it should be worn in moderation. Who makes up these rules? On Saturday, I said "forget the 'rules'" and decided to wear animal print two ways: tiger print cardigan and flamingo tee. The pairing of the two was awesome! I love this shirt; the colors are pretty muted so once someone realizes there are flamingos on my shirt, it becomes a good conversation piece. The animals-as-prints trend has all but died, but this shirt is pretty timeless because of its delicate color palette and versatility. You can't tell from these photos, but the back of the shirt is solid navy blue, so the flamingos aren't too overwhelming.

Earrings (old ASOS); Rx glasses:  Zenni Optical
Grey jeans: F21+; denim patchwork jacket: ASOS (sold out, similar here)
The addition of the cardigan wasn't an obvious choice. This outfit actually happened accidentally. It was too cool outside to just wear a t-shirt and this cardigan was my only clean one--don't judge me, I just reeeeally need to do laundry. But what a beautiful accident! I've been playing with this concept of "power clashing" ever since seeing it on the episode of 'Girls' when Hannah and Elijah go to a rave. Hannah had on a terrible outfit that, for some reason, worked. If prints or patterns make an outfit more interesting, then mixing prints and patterns will make your outfit even better.


What prints and patterns do you like to mix?

No comments:

Post a Comment