Monday, June 24, 2013

Vintage Finds



I love vintage and vintage-inspired clothing. Anything that reminds me of a decade passed--whether it's as far back as classic 50s- and 60s-era clothing or as recent as 90s trends--makes me empty the contents of my wallet like its my job. But where to find good vintage clothing as a curvy girl? It's easier than you think! I've compiled a list of shops that carry vintage and vintage-inspired clothing that cater to women with curves:

eShakti
This shop, which offers a range of vintage-inspired 50s and 60s clothing, is best for dresses and skirts. They do a good job of incorporating recent trends with vintage silhouettes, like the denim dress you see below. They also have a great selection of classically 50s- and 60s-inspired creations, like the yellow print dress below.

Etsy: threadoverheels
I absolutely love this Etsy shop. There is a lot of variety in this shop and the clothing doesn't give off a costume-y vibe like so many other vintage clothing stores can. There's a great range of 60s, 70s, and 80s pieces and the model makes every piece look great.

 

TheCurvyElle is another Etsy shop I adore. This shop offers an array of midi-length dresses, vintage tops, skirts, jeans, and even lingerie. There's also a lot of diversity in the patterns and prints of the items and a wide range of sizes. This is a relatively large Etsy shop and there is a lot to choose from.

 

Ose (Uh-seh)
Ose (Uh-seh) has some really unique pieces from the 70s, 80s, and even 90s. One of my favorite pieces, a white and pink wiggle dress (with shoulder pads!) came from this site. Ose (Uh-seh) is great for dresses, but also has skirts, shirts, and jackets.

 


Domino Dollhouse 
This shop is for the vintage fashionista who has a little edge. Admittedly, I only have one piece from Domino Dollhouse; when browsing the site, I have a hard time figuring out how or where I would actually wear their clothing. BUT, they have adorable accessories and their clothing is perfect for when you're feeling particularly daring. I love that they embrace full-figured models and show that we plus-sized models over a size 12 also can be sexy.

 

What shops do you visit to buy vintage?

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Ms Sheri for your feature of Ose (Uh-Seh) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome, Ose! I love your site & am glad to promote it!

      Delete