Sunday, September 1, 2013

Fun Workwear

Today, I am blogging about my awesome bright cobalt blazer! It is an unstructured jacket so it works very well with both t-shirts and collared shirts. I'm very pleased with the fit and look of the jacket, and the ability to dress it up or down.

Daydreaming about COLOR!

I actually ordered matching scallop-edge shorts, but they are a little too short to wear to work, which is where I was coming from when these pictures were taken. I bought the matching jacket and shorts from SimplyBe, but it looks like they're currently sold out. Here is how the whole ensemble looks on the model though.

I decided to pair the blazer with some form-fitting black dress pants, a neon tee, and my new brown flats. I loved the  incorporation of a trend (neon) and the balance of fun (cobalt and neon) and business (black pants, brown/"nude" flats). The outfit is work-appropriate, yet still has some personality.

My sister's friend was walking by while my boyfriend snapped photos. I love her floral blazer!

The purse adds some much needed PATTERN to this ensemble.

Don't be mistaken - black and brown do match!

Outfit details:
Blazer: SimplyBe (sold out; similar here) // Tee: JCP // Pants: JCP // 
Shoes: JCP // Handbag: NY&Co (old; similar here

No comments:

Post a Comment