Thursday, January 16, 2014

Fashion Trends for Spring 2014

As I've indicated before, I'm getting a little tired of peplums and skinny jeans dominating fashion. Stepping on my soapbox: Can we as a people get over skinny jeans? They made a comeback when I was in high school and have stayed for the past 10 years. Okay, stepping off now. Well imagine my delight when I saw some new trends making waves for Spring 2014. Below are my favorite runway looks and links to wear you can find them.

Wide-Leg Trousers

The first words that come to mind are comfortable and elegant. I am pretty excited that this is a trend! I will definitely be wearing a lot of these this Spring. I found similar pants at Dress Barn. They're marked as palazzo pants, and while some of them look outdated, a few are really stylish. My favorites can be found here and here.

Contrast Collars

This is a very smart look (given that your shirt is buttoned) that is best worn with more feminine items like skirts and heels. Currently, there aren't too many available at the sites I normally shop on, but I found a couple shirts in this style at SimplyBe here and at New Look here.

Structured Blazers/Jackets

These structured jackets aren't just for grandma anymore. These fashion-forward structured and collar-less jackets can up the interesting factor on a multitude of looks. The picture on the left is one I saw in an Anthropologie email a week or so ago. The picture on the right is from Fashion Week. I have a feeling the popularity of these will soar, especially juxtaposed with casual outfits, or to complete very polished looks. Whether you opt for casual or dressy, the key to pulling off this look is to add an element of youthfulness to the outfit to keep it fun. JC Penney has some good options here and here.

Metallic


Head-to-toe metallic can be a little jarring, so reserve this look for fancy evenings drinking cocktails or simplify it by adding metallic pieces accessories to your wardrobe, like shoes, jackets, etc. ASOS has some cute metallic shoes here and a more subtle dress here

What's your favorite Spring 2014 trend?

No comments:

Post a Comment