Monday, May 5, 2014

Acid Wash

80s, 90s, and ots acid wash
Acid wash is the trend that keeps on giving. It seems like each iteration of this trend gets a little more refined and feminine. Notice how the clothing gets more fitted, with less flamboyant decorations or additions to the material. There's been another uptick of acid wash lately, and these styles are the prettiest I've seen yet. This is very much a trend, so don't spend too much of your hard-earned cash on this style. But if you feel like treatin' yo'self, I really like these slightly pricier items:

Left to right: ASOS dress - $75.26; Gap dress - $74.95; Dorothy Perkins jeggings - $39.00

I, on the other hand, opted for a couple low-priced items from Forever21, including these jeggings and an awesome acid wash pencil skirt (modeled below).  The skirt is atypical from the usual jacket or jeans that have been popular for the past few decades now. While I love the skirt, it's a pain in the butt to walk in because it has very little stretch and forces me to take teeny little steps instead of normal strides. :kanyeshrug: You get what you pay for. I paired it with a white blouse, red plaid shirt tied around my waist, and brown flats. I accessorized with gold bamboo earrings, a bandana, and Fendi sunnies. I love the 90s vibe I'm giving off in this outfit.






Outfit details:
White blouse: Forever21+ // Plaid shirt: Forever21+ (sold out; similar here)// Acid wash skirt: Forever21+ (sold out) // Brown flats: JC Penny // Sunnies: Fendi

Do you think you'll be rockin' acid wash any time soon?

2 comments:

  1. I want to buy on sooooo badly but I'm not a huge fan jeans period. so we'll see. Loving this look! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are also giving off 'rosie the riveter' chic! the colors are simple and fun. yay!

    ReplyDelete