Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Monochrome

Usually, I'm the queen of color, but I've been really into monochromatic outfits lately. The weather has been pretty warm in the DC area, so white has been go-to for keeping cool in this summer-like heat. I've had these printed pants for awhile, but this striped top is a fairly new addition to my wardrobe. I decided to take a risk (per usual) and pair these two items together. It was definitely eye-catching and had a really chic, summer feel to it. I paired the outfit with my black lace oxfords for the sake of adding some simplicity to the outfit--I felt like the outfit needed a solid color--though in retrospect, sandals would have been a better choice in order to break up all the black and white. I completed the look with a simple red lip, and I undid my twists for a bomb twist-out! Peep the definition! :)




Outfit details:
Striped Top: New Look (sold out; similar here and here) // Aztec Pants: Forever21+ (sold out; similar here) // Lace Oxfords: ASOS (sold out; similar here

2 comments:

  1. Those Aztec pants are EVERYTHING! What shade of lippie are you wearing? The twist out is wonderful. Great post!

    ReplyDelete